Author Topic: Who are some of your favorite mystery pairings, like Holmes and Watson?  (Read 16564 times)

JRob

• View Profile
Re: Who are some of your favorite mystery pairings, like Holmes and Watson?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 09:36:01 am »
I'm finding it hard to concentrate on books. But I've been obsessively reading the news, both the Washington Post and The New York Times. I really have to stop it since it's only adding to my stress...

I've found that avoiding the news helps lessen the stress from hearing/reading it.

I watch just enough once a day to keep informed but I don't need my calm damaged on a constant basis.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Who are some of your favorite mystery pairings, like Holmes and Watson?
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2020, 01:46:37 am »
I'm finding it hard to concentrate on books. But I've been obsessively reading the news, both the Washington Post and The New York Times. I really have to stop it since it's only adding to my stress...

I've found that avoiding the news helps lessen the stress from hearing/reading it.

I watch just enough once a day to keep informed but I don't need my calm damaged on a constant basis.

I'm trying to get my news online because the videos make me crazy. I'm alternating with U.S. and foreign press to get different perspectives - The Guardian and BBC.com in the U.K., The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune as well as NPR, Huffington Post and USA Today. Even reading the news is probably making my blood pressure spike. :-(