Author Topic: Jokes, Quotes and Anecdotes  (Read 15706 times)

CarlaZ

• View Profile
Re: Jokes, Quotes and Anecdotes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 02:02:44 pm »
THere's a really good book of quotations by Jane E. Horning called THE MYSTERY LOVER'S BOOK OF QUOTATIONS. It's from Mysterious Press, 1998 in hardcover then there was a trade paperback.

This is a treasure trove of fun quotes for mystery fans. It's arranged alphabetically by author but there's an index in the back so you can look up quotes by topic. This is one of my favorite dipping-into-before-sleeping reads. There should be an updated edition!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Jokes, Quotes and Anecdotes
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 11:58:10 pm »
THere's a really good book of quotations by Jane E. Horning called THE MYSTERY LOVER'S BOOK OF QUOTATIONS. It's from Mysterious Press, 1998 in hardcover then there was a trade paperback.

This is a treasure trove of fun quotes for mystery fans. It's arranged alphabetically by author but there's an index in the back so you can look up quotes by topic. This is one of my favorite dipping-into-before-sleeping reads. There should be an updated edition!

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Lovers-Book-Quotations/dp/0892962011

I thought I might order this but when I saw the book image, a lightbulb went off over my head. I already HAVE this book! I unpacked 70+ boxes of books when we moved here in 2018. They are sort of organized so in theory, I should be able to find this pretty quickly. Wish me luck!