Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 95303 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2020, 11:32:48 am »
Hi Molly!

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to say that I haven't read your work before but I'm definitely going to add the Highland Bookshop Mysteries books to the list of series I need to check out. I love series set in Ireland and Scotland and when they are set in and around a bookstore or library, so much the better!

Molly - I'm trying to remember the first time we met in real life. Was it at Magna Cum Murder? I know we chatted at the one I attended where I got knocked out by some kind of 24 hour flu bug and I spent most of the conference in my hotel room. But I'm pretty sure I'd met you earlier, too. Anyway...

I think I've read all your books (except the one, maybe two that are in my ridiculously huge to-be-read pile). I especially love the Highland Bookshop series because it sounds so idyllic...and then the bodies start to drop. ;-)

dhaupt3

• View Profile
    • The Reading Frenzy
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2020, 06:43:58 am »
Hi I'm Debbie and I'm a current reviewer for Mystery Scene Magazine, Library Journal, Indie Reviews and contribute to a few other publications. I am an avid book nerd, I run a book blog, currently serve on the board of my local Library district and volunteer in other ways also to the library district. And I have a Goodreads Group General Fiction Expats formed when B&N closed the bookclubs - https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/133771
Personally I am a full time caregiver to my disabled husband enjoy spending time with my family and LOVE my doggie Pippa who is featured on my daily instagram "Our Daily Walk" posts.
I'm so excited to be here it's nice to meet you Brian and Hi (waving madly) Becke. Becke and I have known each other for many years as like her I also was a moderator for the now defunct B&N book club forums mine was called General Fiction and like Becke I enjoyed meeting and interacting with both new members and with authors.

I'm very happy to be here!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 06:57:11 am by dhaupt3 »
dhaupt3

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:26 pm »
Hi I'm Debbie and I'm a current reviewer for Mystery Scene Magazine, Library Journal, Indie Reviews and contribute to a few other publications. I am an avid book nerd, I run a book blog, currently serve on the board of my local Library district and volunteer in other ways also to the library district. And I have a Goodreads Group General Fiction Expats formed when B&N closed the bookclubs - https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/133771
Personally I am a full time caregiver to my disabled husband enjoy spending time with my family and LOVE my doggie Pippa who is featured on my daily instagram "Our Daily Walk" posts.
I'm so excited to be here it's nice to meet you Brian and Hi (waving madly) Becke. Becke and I have known each other for many years as like her I also was a moderator for the now defunct B&N book club forums mine was called General Fiction and like Becke I enjoyed meeting and interacting with both new members and with authors.

Debbie - It's wonderful to see you here! I know how busy you are, both at home and with all your reviewing. You have built quite a career for yourself! What books have you been reading lately? Have you discovered any new (or new to you) authors I might like? (I feel like you know my taste in books!) Have a great week!

I'm very happy to be here!

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2020, 04:34:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum Debbie!

dhaupt3

• View Profile
    • The Reading Frenzy
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2020, 07:04:42 pm »

Debbie - It's wonderful to see you here! I know how busy you are, both at home and with all your reviewing. You have built quite a career for yourself! What books have you been reading lately? Have you discovered any new (or new to you) authors I might like? (I feel like you know my taste in books!) Have a great week!

Becke Hi, yes I have discovered some new books thanks to Mystery Scene. You would like the Maggie Hope series by Susan Elia MacNeal
Also The Irish Murder series by Carlene O'Connor
Of course anything written by JT Ellison

I love being connected again!
dhaupt3

dhaupt3

• View Profile
    • The Reading Frenzy
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2020, 07:05:07 pm »
Welcome to the forum Debbie!

Thank you
dhaupt3

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:53 pm »
Hi, Debbie, nice to see some of the old B&N gang finally showing up here! I think several have joined, but few have posted (just Becke, me, and now you!). I was dulcinea3 on B&N.
"Poirot," I said. "I have been thinking."  "An admirable exercise, my friend. Continue it." - Agatha Christie, Peril at End House

dhaupt3

• View Profile
    • The Reading Frenzy
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2020, 08:08:28 am »
Hi, Debbie, nice to see some of the old B&N gang finally showing up here! I think several have joined, but few have posted (just Becke, me, and now you!). I was dulcinea3 on B&N.

Hi Denise yes I remember you too, it's nice to reconnect! I brought some of my old B&N members to a Goodreads forum but its nice to see some others here too!
dhaupt3

Kate Stine, Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2020, 01:33:26 pm »
Hi Denise, and Debbie and Molly! It's great to see you all here! Sorry I'm late in welcoming you, I'm still clearing the wreckage after finishing the Spring Issue #163. We just got our finished issues in the office so it will be arriving in mailboxes soon.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2020, 12:45:04 am »
Hi Denise, and Debbie and Molly! It's great to see you all here! Sorry I'm late in welcoming you, I'm still clearing the wreckage after finishing the Spring Issue #163. We just got our finished issues in the office so it will be arriving in mailboxes soon.

Yay! I'm excited for the next issue to arrive. Although considering all the books I added to my wish list and my to-be-read pile after reading the last issue, I'd better read fast to make room for the books I'll be adding from the spring issue articles and reviews.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Kate Stine, Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2020, 08:00:01 am »
Ha! I have books from years ago that I'm still holding on to because I'm sure I'll have time to read them someday. Meanwhile, I keep buying and borrowing books...

deborahblake

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2020, 04:28:42 pm »
Hi all! My name is Deborah Blake and I am the author of a number of paranormal romance and urban fantasy books. I'm now working on a new cozy mystery series for Berkley (The Rundown Rescue series) and Becke suggested I come by and introduce myself. So hello!

My favorite mysteries are those with some humor in them, like those by Donna Andrews, although I am have also read everything Dick Francis ever wrote :-)

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2020, 04:41:17 pm »
Welcome to the forum Deborah!

Can you tell a little bit about this new cozy series you are writing?

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2020, 11:24:33 pm »
Hi all! My name is Deborah Blake and I am the author of a number of paranormal romance and urban fantasy books. I'm now working on a new cozy mystery series for Berkley (The Rundown Rescue series) and Becke suggested I come by and introduce myself. So hello!

My favorite mysteries are those with some humor in them, like those by Donna Andrews, although I am have also read everything Dick Francis ever wrote :-)

Yay! Thanks for stopping by, Deborah! I'm pretty sure I have all Deborah's paranormal romance and urban fantasy books on my keeper shelves, and I'm excited to add the new cozy series to my collection. I don't think there is a release date yet for the first in her Rundown Rescue cozy series. Deborah, I hope you'll come by to tell us more about this series and let us know when it's available for preorder.

I'm a huge fan of Dick Francis' books (even though there is now some controversy about how much or how little his wife (and son) contributed to those books.

I bet we have a lot of Donna Andrews fans here, too - she has a huge following!