Author Topic: Just added to my waiting-to-be-read pile.  (Read 18460 times)

JRob

• View Profile
Re: Just added to my waiting-to-be-read pile.
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 10:55:37 am »
In Oregon, some counties (mine included) have such low Covid numbers that limited openings have been approved. The thrift store I mentioned was in the first wave of openings. There's a rumor Barnes & Noble will be open soon for curbside pickup. I'm excited for that, but half the fun of bookstores is browsing through the shelves. Still, I'll take what I can get. :-)

The Barnes and Noble reopenings without the ability to browse might help them but kills the browser type readers for sure.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 06:15:27 pm »
In Oregon, some counties (mine included) have such low Covid numbers that limited openings have been approved. The thrift store I mentioned was in the first wave of openings. There's a rumor Barnes & Noble will be open soon for curbside pickup. I'm excited for that, but half the fun of bookstores is browsing through the shelves. Still, I'll take what I can get. :-)

The Barnes and Noble reopenings without the ability to browse might help them but kills the browser type readers for sure.

Browsing definitely results in more purchases of childrens' books for me. And occasionally new releases that I might have passed over.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »
I just added 3 new books to my TBR pile.

The Revelators by Ace Atkins and The Order by Daniel Silva came out in hardcover this week and I made the decision to buy both of them today since I had the bills that needed to be paid this week all set.

However, the third book is one that I didn't have to pay for. It isn't even out until September 15th. Total Power by Kyle Mills is the new Mitch Rapp novel and I was lucky enough to once again be selected as a Mitch Rapp Ambassador by the publisher. It may sound at least a little fancy but the program sends out ARCs of the upcoming book to people who submit an application to be an Ambassador and promote the release of the book.

I'm a huge fan of the series and Kyle Mills has made it even better since the creator Vince Flynn passed away. I love doing my small part to promote the book so when I saw the book had arrived this afternoon, I was quite excited to say the least!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 12:18:54 am »
I've read some Vince Flynn books - I may even have some still on my keeper shelves. He wasn't on my must-read list but I should probably check out more of his books. This year, in particular, I've discovered several very good authors after they died.

Congratulations on your Ambassador status!

I also like Ace Atkins (the Spencer books) and I know I've read several books by Daniel Silva, too.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 08:19:34 am »
I've read some Vince Flynn books - I may even have some still on my keeper shelves. He wasn't on my must-read list but I should probably check out more of his books. This year, in particular, I've discovered several very good authors after they died.

Congratulations on your Ambassador status!

I also like Ace Atkins (the Spencer books) and I know I've read several books by Daniel Silva, too.

The Spenser books Ace Atkins has written have been uniformly excellent. A couple of them made my Top 10 list the years they were released. And his Quinn Colson series is pretty damn good too.

I've always loved the Daniel Silva books from the start.