Author Topic: Bookmarks?  (Read 37926 times)

Kate Stine, Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bookmarks?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 08:34:42 am »
Hey Becke,
I like to collect ephemera and other items linked to mystery writers and their lives. A good way to find these is to search on "detective fiction" and "ephemera" on Abe.com  I think I found the Erle Stanley Gardner bookends while doing some photo research on him. The bookends came with certificates of authenticity and a couple of photos. We're really happy to have them!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 01:28:58 am »
Hey Becke,
I like to collect ephemera and other items linked to mystery writers and their lives. A good way to find these is to search on "detective fiction" and "ephemera" on Abe.com  I think I found the Erle Stanley Gardner bookends while doing some photo research on him. The bookends came with certificates of authenticity and a couple of photos. We're really happy to have them!

Thanks for the tip!

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2020, 04:10:58 pm »
I have a collection of pretty bookmarks. I'm using one that has a daisy at the top and the whole bookmark is sprinkled with glitter. This is printed on it: There are always flowers for those who want to see them. - Henri Matisse

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 03:34:51 pm »
I have a collection of pretty bookmarks. I'm using one that has a daisy at the top and the whole bookmark is sprinkled with glitter. This is printed on it: There are always flowers for those who want to see them. - Henri Matisse

Welcome, Hannah!

I have a bookmark ready to go from a great bookstore in Evanston, IL called BOOKENDS AND BEGINNINGS. I'm sad I haven't been to an actual bookstore in about 6 weeks. One of the drawbacks of quarantine!

By the way, sorry I'm late, Hannah. Our house is in quarantine but with two families sharing the house, we do pass colds back and forth. Luckily, no COVID-19, though! My husband is the current sickie - no fever, just very congested and coughing a lot. We're all sleeping like we have jet lag. Up all night and then sleep all morning. Very strange!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2020, 02:56:39 am »
Hey Becke,

Thanks for the tip!

I just went to Abe.com and searched "detective fiction, ephemera" and the first thing to come up was a book by Sharon Fiffer. Turns out she wrote a whole series of books with a detective who collects ephemera of all kinds. I'm intrigued, and I'm going to try and find a few of her books. BTW, on ABE her name is spelled "Saron" but judging by the book covers her name is actually Sharon. Have any of you read her books? I'd love to know more about them.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2020, 03:53:59 am »
Speaking of bookmarks, when I saw Edith Maxwell over the weekend, she gave me a few of her bookmarks to share with my friends as well as signing the books I brought.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2020, 02:36:18 pm »
Speaking of bookmarks, when I saw Edith Maxwell over the weekend, she gave me a few of her bookmarks to share with my friends as well as signing the books I brought.

Don't you love it when authors give you bookmarks? I have some from Hank Phillippi Ryan, Wendy Corsi Staub, Lisa Jackson, Bill A. Brier, Duffy Brown, J.B. Lynn, Annette Blair, Soho Crime, Christy Reece and Karen Rose. (If you are looking for SCARY, check out Karen Rose's books. But brace yourself!)

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 05:14:17 pm »

Don't you love it when authors give you bookmarks? I have some from Hank Phillippi Ryan, Wendy Corsi Staub, Lisa Jackson, Bill A. Brier, Duffy Brown, J.B. Lynn, Annette Blair, Soho Crime, Christy Reece and Karen Rose. (If you are looking for SCARY, check out Karen Rose's books. But brace yourself!)

I do love getting the bookmarks from authors when I attended their signings. I like to use different ones for different books rather than just using one until it wears out.

And I do make sure to share with fellow book lovers when I get extras from an author like I did with Edith.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 12:13:13 am »

I do love getting the bookmarks from authors when I attended their signings. I like to use different ones for different books rather than just using one until it wears out.

And I do make sure to share with fellow book lovers when I get extras from an author like I did with Edith.

What a great idea - and a wonderful way to spread the word about your favorite authors!

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2020, 12:33:11 am »
I've only been to a couple booksignings - Carolyn Hart and Nancy Pickard and Duffy Brown. I think there was one more but I can't think who it was. I usually put the signed bookmarks into the signed books and then I don't have a bookmark when I need one.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2020, 06:44:38 am »
I've only been to a couple booksignings - Carolyn Hart and Nancy Pickard and Duffy Brown. I think there was one more but I can't think who it was. I usually put the signed bookmarks into the signed books and then I don't have a bookmark when I need one.

I read Nancy Pickard's Jenny Cain series. When she was writing them, I would've loved to have been able to have her sign my copies.

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2020, 03:04:29 am »
It's been several years since I went to her book signing. I don't remember what series it was, but I'm sure I still have the signed book.