Author Topic: What series do you wish would continue?  (Read 9101 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What series do you wish would continue?
« on: December 07, 2019, 12:55:35 am »
I have a habit of falling in love with series that aren't the best sellers in the author's book list. For instance, I love Carolyn Hart's Henrie O series, and I asked her why she doesn't write more of them. Simple answer - they don't sell as well as her other books.

I would love for Simon Brett to write more Mrs. Pargeter books, and I'm eager to read more "art whisperer" books by Charlotte and Aaron Elkins. I can only assume that Brett's Charles Paris mysteries are more in demand, and that Aaron Elkins "Bone Doctor" forensic mysteries are more popular.

What books/series do you wish would continue or come back into print?

JRob

• View Profile
Re: What series do you wish would continue?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 03:07:09 pm »
I don't know if they are out of print or not, but I would love to see Karen Kijewski's Kat Colorado series get the recognition I feel they deserve.

I'd also love to see Jon Land do another book in his Ben Kamal/Danielle Barnea series. Every time I go to one of his signings, I always ask if we'll ever get another one. I know the answer is no, but I like to keep the fire alive at least.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 03:47:36 pm »
I don't know if they are out of print or not, but I would love to see Karen Kijewski's Kat Colorado series get the recognition I feel they deserve.

I'd also love to see Jon Land do another book in his Ben Kamal/Danielle Barnea series. Every time I go to one of his signings, I always ask if we'll ever get another one. I know the answer is no, but I like to keep the fire alive at least.

Oooh, I just knew it was going to be dangerous for me to follow this forum. I'll add Jon Land to my watch/wish list. (Sometimes I can find copies at the library, but I also frequent used book sales/stores.)

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:43:43 am »

Oooh, I just knew it was going to be dangerous for me to follow this forum. I'll add Jon Land to my watch/wish list. (Sometimes I can find copies at the library, but I also frequent used book sales/stores.)

Jon Land is fantastic and I've met him a number of times. He's more thriller than mystery but his books are always entertaining and he also recently took over the Murder, She Wrote book series and has three books out in that series with his name attached.

And I go to book sales frequently as well. I was just at one yesterday, which was part of my local library's holiday fair.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 03:00:44 pm »

Jon Land is fantastic and I've met him a number of times. He's more thriller than mystery but his books are always entertaining and he also recently took over the Murder, She Wrote book series and has three books out in that series with his name attached.

Library book sales are the BEST!

And I go to book sales frequently as well. I was just at one yesterday, which was part of my local library's holiday fair.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 01:54:22 pm »
Carolyn Hart's Death on Demand!!!

Unfortunately, several series that I would have liked to see continue were ended when the authors passed away, so that's not a possibility. Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody and Lilian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who...
"Poirot," I said. "I have been thinking."  "An admirable exercise, my friend. Continue it." - Agatha Christie, Peril at End House

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 02:17:53 pm »
Carolyn Hart's Death on Demand!!!

Unfortunately, several series that I would have liked to see continue were ended when the authors passed away, so that's not a possibility. Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody and Lilian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who...

If only...

I would have loved for Agatha Christie to write more Miss Marple books, and for Mary Stewart to write more of anything. I was afraid Louise Penny would stop writing when her husband died, but thank goodness she hasn't stopped yet!