General Discussion > Welcome and General Discussion

What series do you wish would continue?

(1/2) > >>

Becke Davis:
I have a habit of falling in love with series that aren't the best sellers in the author's book list. For instance, I love Carolyn Hart's Henrie O series, and I asked her why she doesn't write more of them. Simple answer - they don't sell as well as her other books.

I would love for Simon Brett to write more Mrs. Pargeter books, and I'm eager to read more "art whisperer" books by Charlotte and Aaron Elkins. I can only assume that Brett's Charles Paris mysteries are more in demand, and that Aaron Elkins "Bone Doctor" forensic mysteries are more popular.

What books/series do you wish would continue or come back into print?

JRob:
I don't know if they are out of print or not, but I would love to see Karen Kijewski's Kat Colorado series get the recognition I feel they deserve.

I'd also love to see Jon Land do another book in his Ben Kamal/Danielle Barnea series. Every time I go to one of his signings, I always ask if we'll ever get another one. I know the answer is no, but I like to keep the fire alive at least.

Becke Davis:

--- Quote from: JRob on December 07, 2019, 03:07:09 pm ---I don't know if they are out of print or not, but I would love to see Karen Kijewski's Kat Colorado series get the recognition I feel they deserve.

I'd also love to see Jon Land do another book in his Ben Kamal/Danielle Barnea series. Every time I go to one of his signings, I always ask if we'll ever get another one. I know the answer is no, but I like to keep the fire alive at least.

--- End quote ---

Oooh, I just knew it was going to be dangerous for me to follow this forum. I'll add Jon Land to my watch/wish list. (Sometimes I can find copies at the library, but I also frequent used book sales/stores.)

JRob:

--- Quote from: Becke Davis on December 07, 2019, 03:47:36 pm ---
Oooh, I just knew it was going to be dangerous for me to follow this forum. I'll add Jon Land to my watch/wish list. (Sometimes I can find copies at the library, but I also frequent used book sales/stores.)

--- End quote ---

Jon Land is fantastic and I've met him a number of times. He's more thriller than mystery but his books are always entertaining and he also recently took over the Murder, She Wrote book series and has three books out in that series with his name attached.

And I go to book sales frequently as well. I was just at one yesterday, which was part of my local library's holiday fair.

Becke Davis:

--- Quote from: JRob on December 08, 2019, 06:43:43 am ---
--- Quote from: Becke Davis on December 07, 2019, 03:47:36 pm ---

--- End quote ---

Jon Land is fantastic and I've met him a number of times. He's more thriller than mystery but his books are always entertaining and he also recently took over the Murder, She Wrote book series and has three books out in that series with his name attached.

Library book sales are the BEST!

And I go to book sales frequently as well. I was just at one yesterday, which was part of my local library's holiday fair.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version