Author Topic: My latest read is...  (Read 186434 times)

JRob

• View Profile
Re: My latest read is...
« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2021, 02:33:44 pm »
Last year I wrote a review for the magazine of the Robyn Gigl debut legal thriller BY WAY OF SORROW. I really loved it. But the pandemic pushed the book back for publication until yesterday.

In that time, Kensington Publishing used a pull quote from my review in a trade ad, a longer pull quote in the press release and on various online sites to buy the book. And this morning I found out that the longer pull quote appears on the back cover of the hardcover edition. I called up the book store and put a copy of it on hold so I can have it in my collection.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2021, 04:00:52 am »
The Matthew Quirk book HOUR OF THE ASSASSIN used a pull quote of mine for the book's paperback edition.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 08, 2021, 04:02:49 am »
I finished reading the Tom Threadgill thriller Collision Of Lies the other day. It's the first book in the Alma Alvarez series and it was a fantastic read! You can check out my Goodreads review of the book HERE!

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2022, 03:15:01 pm »
I finished reading the new Joanna Schaffhausen thriller LAST SEEN ALIVE recently. Not only was it a great read, I was shocked to discover that I'd been thanked in the acknowledgements.

I also finished reading the first Vermont Radio mystery LIVE, LOCAL, AND DEAD by Nikki Knight.

Currently I'm reading Paige Shelton's DARK NIGHT and have just cracked open Jon Land's MARGARET TRUMAN'S MURDER AT THE CDC.

Soon, I hope to start the new issue of Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine which has a new short story by Edith Maxwell in it.