Author Topic: New Releases!  (Read 12805 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Releases!
« on: August 09, 2020, 12:58:14 am »
New Release Day is an exciting event for readers who are eagerly awaiting new books by their favorite authors, and for authors, who get to celebrate the "birthday" of the books they've sweated blood over. And while we might not always catch the actual day a new release comes out, authors are invited to tell us about their new (or newish) releases right here. I'll try to add cover images when I see authors post here.

Readers - you are welcome to tell us what books you are waiting for here, too!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Releases!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:54:31 am »

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 01:08:18 pm »

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:26:59 am »
What new books is everyone excited about? I want to treat myself to a new release for Christmas, and I don't want to waste it. I'd love some suggestions.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 06:39:51 am »
As far as new releases? I'm pretty excited to read that new David Baldacci book DAYLIGHT.

I'm also interested in Ellie Alexander's WITHOUT A BREW and Paige Shelton's COLD WIND.

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 03:07:56 am »
Thanks. I'm a fan of David Baldacci, but I'll look up these other authors, too.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 04:29:09 pm »
Happy New Year and good riddance to 2020! Not that I’m all that impressed with 2021 yet, but I’m convinced it is going to get better. And not just because I have the first book in a new series coming out, but hey, I HAVE THE FIRST BOOK IN A NEW SERIES COMING OUT!

Sorry…I’m a little excited. LOL. I’ve been working on this cozy mystery series for a while now, and I finally get to share it with my readers. It is both exciting and a little bit terrifying. What if the fans of my paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and witchy books don’t like the cozy mysteries? Oh wait…there are cats in them. I think we’ll be okay.

A couple of years ago (yes, that’s how slowly things work in publishing) my agent suggested that I try my hand at a cozy mystery. “What, no witches?” I said. But then I had an idea sparked by my real life experiences with a local animal shelter, the one where I got my cats Harry Dresden and then later, Diana. I’ll talk a bit more about that on my blog soon. But that idea led to my three book contract with Berkley, and I’ve been working on the books ever since. The second book in the series is finished, and the initial revisions just got turned into my editor, Jenn Snyder (who I love, I might add). I’m currently hard at work on the third one.

But the first book, Furbidden Fatality, is coming out on February 23rd, so I am gearing up for all kinds of giveaways, promotions, and even (gulp) a live event on Facebook on release day. (I’ve never done one of those before. What if no one shows up?) The next newsletter will contain a giveaway for my newsletter folks ONLY* so be sure to open that one right away! In the meanwhile, I hope you will preorder the book from your favorite local or online bookstore.

*Let me know if you want to sign up for Deborah's newsletter, or if you are interested in signing up for the giveaway.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:31:17 pm by Becke Davis »