Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 15829 times)

Brian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FAQ
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:26:24 am »
Here are some answers to potential questions about using this forum. Please let me know about any other questions you have and I will add them here:

1. What is this forum?

This is a forum on the Mystery Scene Magazine website for discussing mystery fiction in books, TV, movies, plays, radio, graphic novels, and any other media.
Mystery Scene is a print magazine distributed nationally in the US, and available for mail to subscribers all over the world.

The website has selected content from the print issue and all the book reviews from the magazine. You can see the main website and get subscription information here:

https://www.mysteryscenemag.com

2. How do I post a topic in a forum?

To post a new topic in a forum, click the relevant button on either the forum or topic screens. You will need to register before you can post a message.

3. How do I edit or delete a post?

Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the Modify button for the relevant post (over near the top right of the post). After some time passes or someone replies, you may not be able to delete it any more. You can send me a private message asking me to delete it if you like.

4. How do I add a signature, avatar, or other information to all my posts.

Click the "Profile" button on the menu to add/change these and other things associated with your profile

5. How do I add an image to an individual post?

Below the text box where you enter your post, there is an "Attachments" link. Click it and then use the "Browse" button to add an image to to bottom of your post.

6. But how do I add an image within the text of my post?

You can click the "Insert Image" button above the row of smileys--it's the first one on the left. But to add an image this way the file must come from the Web, not from your computer. A pair of Image tags will be inserted into your email. Enter the complete web location of the image you want to include between the image tags.

7. I want to add a new post but I don't see a good subject area for it. What should I do?

You can send me a message and ask for the new subject area. (See next question on sending messages.)

8. How do I send another forum user a message?

You can click on the little thought bubble icon in the user information to the left of any post they've written.  When you hover over this icon you will see "Send PM" (Private Message). Click this and you can send a message.

9. I want to send someone a private message but the forum won't let me.

You have to participate in the forums a certain amount if you want to send a lot of private messages. Once you post more topics, or reply to existing topics, you will be able to PM again.

10. I registered but I can't log in.

You know the drill. Make sure you're typing the right username and password. Check the Caps-Lock key. Then send me an email to:

forum@mysteryscenemag.com

and we'll take care of it.