Author Topic: Free Carolyn Hart novella/Agatha Christie theme  (Read 5406 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Free Carolyn Hart novella/Agatha Christie theme
« on: September 07, 2020, 07:20:32 pm »
My friend Susan Stokes sent me the details about a book offer I'd missed:

From the Queen
By Carolyn Hart

FREE

Stories bring us together, even when we’re apart. That’s why we’re pleased to share with you a complimentary copy of one of our favorite thrilling reads! #TogetherInStories
Thrift shop owner Ellen Gallagher finds in her possession a first edition of Agatha Christie’s Poirot Investigates that has been signed by the author and inscribed to the Queen of England. But when the coveted book goes missing, Ellen must call on her friend Annie Darling, owner of the mystery bookstore Death on Demand, to track it down.

I just read it - what a fun story! Also, Carolyn Hart mentions a couple of vintage mysteries that are now on  my wish list:

DRINK TO YESTERDAY by Manning Coles

MING YELLOW by John Marquand

MURDER'S LITTLE SISTER by Pamela Branch

I don't have an ereader but I was able to download this for my PC for free. :-)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Free Carolyn Hart novella/Agatha Christie theme
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 04:52:53 pm »
Reading this helped set me up for my two-day Agatha Christie getaway, Oregon-style. Someday I'd love to visit Agatha Christie's longtime home in Devon, Greenway: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/greenway. While staying in the Agatha Christie room at the Sylvia Beach hotel in Newport, OR, I re-read 13 AT DINNER and PARKER PYNE INVESTIGATES. There were several other Agatha Christie books in our room, but the short story volumes I brought were just right.

http://sylviabeachhotel.com/agatha-christie/

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
Re: Free Carolyn Hart novella/Agatha Christie theme
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 03:54:22 pm »
If this is still available, I want to read it. Thanks!