Author Topic: Hank Phillippi Ryan's THE FIRST TO LIE  (Read 7532 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hank Phillippi Ryan's THE FIRST TO LIE
« on: August 12, 2020, 03:53:15 pm »
I'm a huge fan of Hank Phillippi Ryan's books, and her new release THE FIRST TO LIE is awesome!

JRob

• View Profile
Re: Hank Phillippi Ryan's THE FIRST TO LIE
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 03:48:46 am »
Glad to hear that you loved the book. I have the book but haven't gotten started with it yet.

Hank is awesome. I've met her a number of times and a couple of times she even made a special point of introducing me to other authors that were in attendance at an event. She's one of only two people that I've actually done an interview piece with.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 01:58:33 pm »
Glad to hear that you loved the book. I have the book but haven't gotten started with it yet.

Hank is awesome. I've met her a number of times and a couple of times she even made a special point of introducing me to other authors that were in attendance at an event. She's one of only two people that I've actually done an interview piece with.

I've also met Hank in person a number of times - at Bouchercon, at RWA National in Washington, DC and at a book signing event in Schaumburg, IL. I loved her Charlotte McNally books and it's been so exciting to see her book sales skyrocket as her more recent books top the best seller books. They are all on my keeper shelf but this one is my current favorite. I read it in just a few hours - I love all the twists and turns!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 02:10:46 am »

I've also met Hank in person a number of times - at Bouchercon, at RWA National in Washington, DC and at a book signing event in Schaumburg, IL. I loved her Charlotte McNally books and it's been so exciting to see her book sales skyrocket as her more recent books top the best seller books. They are all on my keeper shelf but this one is my current favorite. I read it in just a few hours - I love all the twists and turns!

It's been ages since I reviewed anything, but I had to give this book a plug: https://www.amazon.com/review/R2JGWWY0NT93WL/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 03:58:47 am »
Very cool!

This new book from Hank is getting a lot of rave reviews across the board.

dhaupt3

• View Profile
    • The Reading Frenzy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 03:58:39 am »
I'm also a huge fan of Hank and have met her too. She like a lot of female thriller writers has a fantastic and scary writing voice.
 I'll be reviewing the audio version for Macmillan Audio hopefully they can clear up some issues they've been having and get me the file.
dhaupt3

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 07:42:37 am »
I'm also a huge fan of Hank and have met her too. She like a lot of female thriller writers has a fantastic and scary writing voice.
 I'll be reviewing the audio version for Macmillan Audio hopefully they can clear up some issues they've been having and get me the file.

Debbie - Great to hear from you! I hope you and your husband are hanging in there during these "interesting" times. It seems like a lot of people prefer audio versions these days. If you come across any books where the audio versions are particularly well done, please tell us about them! Have a great weekend!