5 (41.7%)
Trixie Belden
3 (25%)
The Hardy Boys
2 (16.7%)
The Three Investigators
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: POLL: Favorite Kid Detective  (Read 16339 times)

Denise

• View Profile
Re: POLL: Favorite Kid Detective
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 01:12:04 am »
Interesting that you should mention The Moonstone Castle Mystery, because that is one of the ones I have! The others are The Secret of the Old Clock and The Mystery of the Fire Dragon. Of course, I had read Old Clock before I got it, since it's the first, but I think the other two were more recent ones at the time, and my "sources" didn't have those. I see that they are #s 40 and 38, respectively.
"Poirot," I said. "I have been thinking."  "An admirable exercise, my friend. Continue it." - Agatha Christie, Peril at End House

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Favorite Kid Detective
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 01:25:03 am »
I voted for Nancy Drew, because I devoured all of the books that had been written at that point when I was a kid. When we visited my aunt, my cousin had a bunch, so I would read them there, and a neighbor had the whole series, so I borrowed most of them from her. I only owned a few.

I was given two secondhand Trixie Belden mysteries, which I also enjoyed, but never read any more than that.

Those are the only two of these series that I've read any of. But I also LOVED the Bobbsey Twins mystery series when I was kid!

The Trixie Belden books were available in a sort of laminated cardboard pseudo-hardcover that sold for under a dollar at Ben Franklin when I was a kid. I don't remember finding those at the library but I did eventually buy a couple. :-)