Author Topic: Edith Maxwell/Maddie Day: Cozy Capers Book Club Mysteries, Wednesday, June 24  (Read 23896 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I was at my B&N today and MURDER AT THE TAFFY SHOP was on the shelves there.

Yay! Hopefully they will still have it at my B&N by the time I get there!

They had it and now I've got it! I was disappointed they didn't have any of the Edith Maxwell titles, though.

I hope you requested that they stock them, Becke! Maybe they are out because they've been closed for so long.

That could be. I did ask for help finding your books - they had rearranged the mystery shelves so now there is a whole section for cozies! I'll check again next time I go there.

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
I have a copy of MURDER AT THE TAFFY SHOP! I decided to get this one because I already read the other Cozy Capers Book Club Mystery. I'm not a speed reader and I don't have a hope of reading all the books in the other series. They do sound good so I'll probably get a couple of them.

JRob

• View Profile
I have a copy of MURDER AT THE TAFFY SHOP! I decided to get this one because I already read the other Cozy Capers Book Club Mystery. I'm not a speed reader and I don't have a hope of reading all the books in the other series. They do sound good so I'll probably get a couple of them.

Hannah,

You could always sample each of Edith's other series by getting the first book in the series and seeing how you like them to decide whether you want to continue on with them. (You will, they are great!)

But if I'm pushing one series over the rest, I'm thinking the first book in her Maddie Day written Country Store series FLIPPED FOR MURDER is the one you should start with.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hannah,

You could always sample each of Edith's other series by getting the first book in the series and seeing how you like them to decide whether you want to continue on with them. (You will, they are great!)

But if I'm pushing one series over the rest, I'm thinking the first book in her Maddie Day written Country Store series FLIPPED FOR MURDER is the one you should start with.

I started reading the books out of order but I agree FLIPPED FOR MURDER is a good place to start. I liked GRILLED FOR MURDER a lot, too - I think that was the second book in the series.

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
I did like Murder at the Taffy Shop. Does Edith or Maddie have any Christmas mysteries?

JRob

• View Profile
As Maddie Day, Edith has a novella in the collection CHRISTMAS COCOA MURDER and her most recent Country Store mystery CANDY SLAIN MURDER is set during the Christmas season.

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
Those both sound perfect - just what I was looking for. Thank you!