Author Topic: Edith Maxwell/Maddie Day: Cozy Capers Book Club Mysteries, Wednesday, June 24  (Read 21102 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Note: The date of this feature has been changed to better suit Maddie/Edith's schedule.

Edith Maxwell writes this series as Maddie Day.

In the Cozy Capers Book Group Mysteries, Mac (Mackenzie) Almeida runs a bicycle repair and rental shop in the fictional Cape Cod village of Westham, and also hosts a weekly cozy mystery book group. The gang discusses the latest fictional murder – and sometimes a real one, too. Find questions for your own book club here:

Murder on Cape Cod Book Club Questions
https://edithmaxwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MurderonCapeCodBookClubQuestions.pdf

The books:

Murder on Cape Cod

Murder on Cape Cod, the series debut, is available in all formats.

It’s just after Memorial Day in Westham, Massachusetts. Business is still a little slow, but that doesn’t stop the weekly Cozy Capers book group from starting their summer reading list. As bicycle mechanic Mackenzie (Mac) Almeida walks home afterwards, she finds a body on the path behind her house. When it turns out to be murder, and her own half-brother is a prime suspect, Mac has to assemble more parts than a bike derailleur to find the real killer.

Murder at the Taffy Shop

In Murder at the Taffy Shop, available now for preorder from Barnes & Noble, Cape Cod bicycle shop owner Mackenzie “Mac” Almeida and her mystery book club find a certain accusation of murder quite the stretch. Mac’s friend Gin has found herself in a sticky situation. After wealthy genealogist Beverly Ruchart is found dead outside Gin’s taffy shop, the candy maker becomes a person of interest. When it’s revealed that Beverly was poisoned the night Gin brought a box of taffy to a dinner party at Beverly’s house, she’s bumped to the top of the suspects list. It’s up to Mac and her Cozy Capers crime solvers to unwrap this real-life mystery. But this time they might have bitten off more than they can chew . . .

The book releases in March, 2020, in a Barnes & Noble paperback exclusive for one year, to go to wide distribution in winter, 2021.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:10:21 pm by Becke Davis »

JRob

• View Profile
This is a great new series from Edith/Maddie.

I liked the first book, but I do have to say that I thought the 2nd book was even better! I'm really excited to see where this series goes.

And since it is set pretty close to where I live, it is great that Edith makes signing appearances in the area.

My co-worker is about to start this series in part because I've been promoting to her since she is almost caught up on the Country Store series.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This is a great new series from Edith/Maddie.

I liked the first book, but I do have to say that I thought the 2nd book was even better! I'm really excited to see where this series goes.

And since it is set pretty close to where I live, it is great that Edith makes signing appearances in the area.

My co-worker is about to start this series in part because I've been promoting to her since she is almost caught up on the Country Store series.

MURDER ON CAPE COD was the first book by Maddie or Edith that I read. I enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to reading Book 2!

JRob

• View Profile
My co-worker started reading Murder on Cape Cod last night. I got a text from her during the evening saying that she was really into the book and loved that Mac had an African Grey because said co-worker has one herself.

EdithMaxwell

• View Profile
My co-worker started reading Murder on Cape Cod last night. I got a text from her during the evening saying that she was really into the book and loved that Mac had an African Grey because said co-worker has one herself.

Thanks, Jay and Becke! I got to visit with a local friend's African gray named Jewel and listen to what she said. It's uncanny how they can imitate different voices.

JRob

• View Profile
I don't know that I'd want to have a parrot as a pet myself though. The damn thing would probably outlive me.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't know that I'd want to have a parrot as a pet myself though. The damn thing would probably outlive me.

I checked Wikipedia: Grey parrots may live for 40–60 years in captivity, although their mean lifespan in the wild appears to be shorter — approximately 23 years.

EdithMaxwell

• View Profile
True!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've been pushing hard to read the books in the Local Foods and Country Store series, and I've neglected this one! I just realized MURDER AT THE TAFFY SHOP is a Barnes & Noble exclusive for one year (it was published in March). My local B&N store is closed for the day but they HAVE reopened, coronavirus-wise, so I can go there tomorrow. I hope they have a copy in the store!

JRob

• View Profile
I've been pushing hard to read the books in the Local Foods and Country Store series, and I've neglected this one! I just realized MURDER AT THE TAFFY SHOP is a Barnes & Noble exclusive for one year (it was published in March). My local B&N store is closed for the day but they HAVE reopened, coronavirus-wise, so I can go there tomorrow. I hope they have a copy in the store!

You can always look it up online to see if they have it the store. Or just call the shop before you leave to go there.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

You can always look it up online to see if they have it the store. Or just call the shop before you leave to go there.

That would be the logical thing to do, but I'm not logical when it comes to books! My son and daughter-in-law and grandkids are on a short camping trip, so my husband and I have had some quiet reading time. Book stores are calling!

JRob

• View Profile
I was at my B&N today and MURDER AT THE TAFFY SHOP was on the shelves there.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Yay! Hopefully they will still have it at my B&N by the time I get there!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

They had it and now I've got it! I was disappointed they didn't have any of the Edith Maxwell titles, though.

EdithMaxwell

• View Profile

They had it and now I've got it! I was disappointed they didn't have any of the Edith Maxwell titles, though.

I hope you requested that they stock them, Becke! Maybe they are out because they've been closed for so long.