Author Topic: The Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries  (Read 11406 times)

LoisWinston

• View Profile
The Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries
« on: June 05, 2020, 05:24:03 am »
Becke Davis invited me to stop by to say hello and talk about what I'm writing. My name is Lois Winston, and I'm currently working on the 9th book in my Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery Series. Anastasia is the crafts editor at a women's magazine who finds herself becoming a reluctant amateur sleuth upon when her husband dies unexpectedly. Turns out the guy was a closet gambler who owed tens of thousands of dollars to loan sharks and left Anastasia with debt greater than the GNP of your average Third World nation. The wife is always the last to know. He also left her stuck with his communist mother as a permanent house guest. And that's before Anastasia finds herself the prime suspect in the death of a coworker, found glued to her office chair. Throughout the series Anastasia moonlights to dig her way out an enormous financial quagmire while dealing with two teenage sons, her aforementioned mother-in-law, her multi-married mother, and various pets, including a Shakespeare-quoting parrot. Throughout June the first book in the series, Assault With a Deadly Glue Gun, which received starred reviews from Publishers Weekly and Booklist, is on sale at Amazon for only .99 cents https://amzn.to/308gAVb

JRob

• View Profile
Re: The Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mysteries
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 05:55:10 am »
Okay, now this sounds like a darn good series to check out. Adding it to my list for sure.

And Lois, welcome to the Mystery Scene Forum!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 02:17:47 pm »
Okay, now this sounds like a darn good series to check out. Adding it to my list for sure.

Jay - Lois' books are a lot of fun, which makes them perfect for this era of coronavirus. I was lucky enough to meet Lois and she's fun in person, too.

Thanks for visiting with us, Lois!

LoisWinston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 08:50:36 am »

Thank you, JRob! Hope you enjoy it.

And Becke, thanks again for the invite!