Author Topic: NEW!! Author of the Month for June: EDITH MAXWELL aka MADDIE DAY!  (Read 30365 times)

JRob

• View Profile
Re: NEW!! Author of the Month for June: EDITH MAXWELL aka MADDIE DAY!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 03:31:34 am »
I'm for anything that promotes Edith's books but it is the two of you who should decide on how you want to go about things.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2020, 01:29:10 am »
Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to predicting what will inspire people to join a conversation. But, considering this topic will still be available to view or comment on long after June, I like the idea of giving each series a separate topic thread to make searching the topics easier in the future.

While Edith is still visiting with us - if it's convenient for her - she can check into each topic on a separate day, so visitors will know where to find her. Edith, if you're not available on certain days, let me know I'll make a note of that on the threads. (I've only scheduled weekday visits, FYI.)

Please use this topic thread for general comments and questions for Edith.

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 02:08:56 am by Becke Davis »

EdithMaxwell

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2020, 05:23:49 pm »
How does this sound?

June:
22 Local Foods Mysteries
24 Cozy Capers Book Group Mysteries
26 Quaker Midwife Mysteries
28 Short stories
30 Country Store Mysteries, and release day for book #7, Nacho Average Murder

We can push the news out. I'll post every two or three times during each day, asking question to elicit reader feedback, and offer a giveaway.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 12:46:33 am »
Edith - I have switched the dates I randomly set up to match the schedule you noted above. Would you like me to post specific time frames for each date?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:21:31 am by Becke Davis »

EdithMaxwell

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 03:24:39 am »
Becke, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had set up random days (where was that?). Please post time frames!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2020, 01:15:10 pm »
Becke, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had set up random days (where was that?). Please post time frames!

No problem - I just thought it would help if I organized each series by date. I posted threads that describe all the books in each series and I've set the dates to match the schedule you indicated above.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest, which is probably not convenient for most of our participants. Edith, let me know what time frame works best for you, and what time zone you prefer. Thanks!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2020, 01:29:00 pm »
Becke wrote:
<I'm curious what inspired Belle's "character." Have you ever had one?

<Did you have a particular reason for writing some books as Edith and others as Maddie? Do have a favorite book/series of the ones you've written?

Becke, I just wanted to shake up the cozy cat/dog trope a little. When I was creating protagonist Mackenzie Almeida, I decided to make her allergic to mammal pets, but she could have a parrot. I have a friend who has one, and Jewel is infinitely entertaining. So I kind of modeled Belle on her.

My publisher wanted me to use a pen name for the Country Store series. It has done so well, written by Maddie Day, they went with Maddie to author the Cozy Capers series, too.

I love all my series, but I think the Quaker Midwife series is closest to my heart.

Belle is certainly a memorable character. A friend of mine was raised in a household just packed with unusual pets. They had a parrot, a macaw and a couple other beautiful birds. I'll never forget the first time I visited, I had to use the bathroom. I freaked out when I realized there were noises coming from the bathtub and the shower curtain was moving. I got out of there as quickly as I could. Turns out there was a mama dachshund and her puppies occupying the tub. Whew!

I don't have any of your Quaker Midwife books yet so I need to rectify that. I have a lot of catching up to do!