Author Topic: Edgar Award Winners  (Read 10073 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Edgar Award Winners
« on: May 01, 2020, 03:57:04 pm »

JRob

• View Profile
Re: Edgar Award Winners
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 08:23:05 pm »
There were four authors nominated that I know/read. Unfortunately none of them won the awards.

I followed the Twitter feed as they announced the awards so I saw as each category was announced.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:00:54 am »
There were four authors nominated that I know/read. Unfortunately none of them won the awards.

I followed the Twitter feed as they announced the awards so I saw as each category was announced.

I read the winner, Elly Griffiths' THE STRANGER DIARIES. Usually I don't get to the Edgar winners until years after they won. But I don't think I've read any of the others. The short story is a possibility, but I don't think I have the collection that story was in.

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 01:08:40 am »
A couple of these author sounded familiar. I don't have the book that won, but I do have a different book by Tracy Clark, and it's in the same series. The book I have is called Broken Places. I guess maybe I should stop buying books until I actually read the ones I have. Does anyone really do that?

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 06:52:25 am »
A couple of these author sounded familiar. I don't have the book that won, but I do have a different book by Tracy Clark, and it's in the same series. The book I have is called Broken Places. I guess maybe I should stop buying books until I actually read the ones I have. Does anyone really do that?

"We buy books because we think we're purchasing the time to read them"...at least that's the quote I think of when I buy a book from an author even if I'm behind on their various other books.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 02:16:56 pm »

"We buy books because we think we're purchasing the time to read them"...at least that's the quote I think of when I buy a book from an author even if I'm behind on their various other books.

I love that quote! And it's probably true. I figure it would take me about 150 years to get through my to-be-read pile (which I add to WAY too often) if I read a book a day. So maybe not purchasing the time to read them, but it's definitely an incentive to read as many as I can for as long as I can.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 03:47:49 pm »

I love that quote! And it's probably true. I figure it would take me about 150 years to get through my to-be-read pile (which I add to WAY too often) if I read a book a day. So maybe not purchasing the time to read them, but it's definitely an incentive to read as many as I can for as long as I can.

I'm not sure who said that quote originally but I heard it said by the late singer/songwriter Warren Zevon. It stuck with me. I even use it as the quote on my Goodreads profile.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 04:08:13 pm »
Jay - You should add that to the "Quotes" thread!