Author Topic: Random: Agatha Christie hotel room on the Pacific Coast  (Read 13686 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Random: Agatha Christie hotel room on the Pacific Coast
« on: April 24, 2020, 02:37:51 am »
Ever since my husband and I heard about the Sylvia Beach Hotel on the Pacific Coast in Newport, Oregon, we knew we wanted to go for a stay in their famous Agatha Christie room. Well, my son and daughter-in-law got us an open-ended reservation to use once the quarantine is over. http://sylviabeachhotel.com/agatha-christie/

"In this room our guests can read from the many Christie books on the shelves and perhaps find a clue from each mystery hidden somewhere in the room."

They have a number of author rooms, but the Christie room is one of their most popular. The others are:

J. R. R. Tolkien
 Oscar Wilde
 Jules Verne
 Gertrude Stein
 Ken Kesey
 Virginia Woolf
 John Steinbeck
 Shakespeare
 Lincoln Steffens
 J.K. Rowling
 Jane Austen
 Herman Melville
 Ernest Hemingway
 F. Scott Fitzgerald
 Emily Dickinson
 Dr. Seuss
 Amy Tan
 Alice Walker
 Mark Twain
 Chez Colette
 Agatha Christie

JRob

• View Profile
Re: Random: Agatha Christie hotel room on the Pacific Coast
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 08:40:01 am »
Pretty interesting. I don't know that I'd ever be able to go there or anything but it would be a cool little thing to do.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 04:24:34 pm »
Pretty interesting. I don't know that I'd ever be able to go there or anything but it would be a cool little thing to do.

Well, life can spring surprises on us - I never thought I'd be living in this neck of the woods.

I hope we'll be able to check out some of the other author rooms, too. J.K. Rowling, Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss, Amy Tan and Ken Kesey, just for a start. I'd heard there was an Edgar Allen Poe room, but I don't see it on the list.

I found some other interesting places, too: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/91226/11-amazing-hotels-book-lovers

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 01:40:58 am »

Well, life can spring surprises on us - I never thought I'd be living in this neck of the woods.

I hope we'll be able to check out some of the other author rooms, too. J.K. Rowling, Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss, Amy Tan and Ken Kesey, just for a start. I'd heard there was an Edgar Allen Poe room, but I don't see it on the list.

I found some other interesting places, too: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/91226/11-amazing-hotels-book-lovers

I love Harry Potter. I would pick the J.K. Rowling room, or maybe the Jane Austen room.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 04:11:05 pm »
I'm sure my grandkids would pick the J.K. Rowling room - we'll probably take them when they're a little older.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 02:51:40 pm »

The Agatha Christie room at the Sylvia Beach Hotel, Newport, OR

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 03:52:55 pm »
That place looks pretty cool!

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 05:42:21 pm »
That place looks pretty cool!

Lots of stairs - I'm glad the Agatha Christie room is on the ground floor!

Hannah Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 12:35:42 am »
I like Nora Roberts, especially her mysteries. I hear she owns a hotel, or maybe a bed and breakfast, in Maryland. It would be fun to stay there one day.