Author Topic: RIP Sheila Connolly  (Read 31313 times)

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Sheila Connolly
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 12:48:59 am »

Hurray! I just received paperback copies of MURDER AT THE MANSION and KILLER IN THE CARRIAGE HOUSE. I'm eager to read this - they are going in my to-be-read-this-summer pile!

I've got the first book. I thought I was going to have Book 2 but lost out on an auction to get it a bit cheaper.

That's so frustrating when that happens!

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 01:28:09 pm »
I stopped at my local B&N today. They had the paperback edition of Sheila's KILLER IN THE CARRIAGE HOUSE so I picked it up.

And the County Cork mystery novel FATAL ROOTS showed up in the mail today.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 02:51:39 pm »
I stopped at my local B&N today. They had the paperback edition of Sheila's KILLER IN THE CARRIAGE HOUSE so I picked it up.

And the County Cork mystery novel FATAL ROOTS showed up in the mail today.

Yay! We were just heading out to B&N around lunchtime when we passed our son, daughter-in-law and grandkids on their way home. So we turned around to meet them at home. We're going to head out again soon.

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2020, 03:56:02 pm »
My copy of MANY A TWIST came in the mail today and I now have the entire County Cork series with four books to read in order to finish the series.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2020, 05:48:04 pm »
My copy of MANY A TWIST came in the mail today and I now have the entire County Cork series with four books to read in order to finish the series.

I used to be a super fast reader, but I seem to be slowing down with old age. My granddaughter and I are reading the whole Boxcar Children series (we're almost through with Book 6). Those are mysteries so I should count those, but reading those means I still have a stack of Sheila's books to read and I have three or four more of Edith/Maddie's books. I'm already a night owl so I'll just have to find a way to read while I'm in the kitchen and in the shower!

JRob

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 04:01:27 am »
Becke, I don't read all that fast anymore either. I used to read a lot during down time at work but since I'm so busy right now there, the only reading I do is on my lunch break.

And when I get home from work, I'm usually so beat that I don't want to read a lot because I'm so tired. I power through sometimes but I find I do a lot of my extended reading on the weekends right now.

Becke Davis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2020, 11:55:04 pm »
Becke, I don't read all that fast anymore either. I used to read a lot during down time at work but since I'm so busy right now there, the only reading I do is on my lunch break.

And when I get home from work, I'm usually so beat that I don't want to read a lot because I'm so tired. I power through sometimes but I find I do a lot of my extended reading on the weekends right now.

I did the most reading when I commuted to work by bus and train. Train was the best, except when I got too engrossed in whatever I was reading and missed my stop!